What is there to do in Pine Hills, Florida
Pine Hills is a charming community located in Orange County that offers visitors an array of outdoor activities, attractions, dining establishments, and events. So whether you’re here as a local or just passing through for the day, there’s plenty to see and do here. This comprehensive guide will cover everything you need about this fantastic destination.
Traveling to Pine Hills
There are a few transportation options if you plan a trip from outside town. If you prefer driving, Pine Hills is easily reachable from major highways like Interstate 4 and the Florida Turnpike. Alternatively, take a taxi or ride-sharing service directly from the airport.
If you’re flying into Orlando International Airport or Orlando-Sanford International Airport, Pine Hills is approximately 30 minutes away by car. You can rent a car at the airport or take a taxi. Another viable option is using the LYNX bus service, which has several routes that stop in Pine Hills.
Attractions in Pine Hills
Pine Hills boast several attractions worth exploring. Pine Hills Trailhead Park is ideal for hiking and biking, with trails winding through its natural landscape. Plus, this park has a playground, pavilion, and picnic area.
Barnett Park is a beloved destination in Pine Hills, offering various activities and facilities for kids and adults. At its center is the Pine Hills Community Center, with a dog park, sports fields, playground, picnic area, and more.
To discover Pine Hills’ history and culture, stop by the Pine Hills Neighborhood Improvement District. They offer guided tours, exhibits, and cultural events throughout the year.
For golf enthusiasts, the Rosemont Golf Course should be noticed. This 18-hole course features challenging greens, stunning views, and a pro shop to purchase gear and accessories.
Outdoor Activities in Pine Hills
Pine Hills will always be there if you enjoy the great outdoors. Do Fishing in Lake Orlando has several fish species, such as bass, catfish, and tilapia. Or rent a kayak or paddleboard and explore the lake from above on your own two feet!
Rosemont Golf Course offers an idyllic setting to play golf and enjoy the sunshine. It boasts lush fairways, challenging greens, and several water hazards for added excitement.
If you’re searching for a peaceful spot to have a picnic or BBQ in Pine Hills, there are several parks and green spaces. Pine Hills Trailhead Park and Barnett Park are popular outdoor gathering places.
Indoor Activities in Pine Hills
If the weather isn’t cooperating or you’re searching for indoor activities, Pine Hills has plenty to offer. Visit the Pine Hills Marketplace with several stores and restaurants, such as Walmart, Ross, and McDonald’s, or explore some museums.
The Pine Hills Library is the perfect spot to unwind and catch up on reading. It offers an extensive selection of books, magazines, newspapers, free Wi-Fi, and computer access.
For some indoor entertainment, Brunswick Wekiva Lanes offer bowling, billiards, and an arcade. Hobby Lobby also has arts and crafts supplies, while the YMCA of Central Florida keeps you active.
Nightlife in Pine Hills
Are you looking for a night in the town? Pine Hills offers several options. Wally’s Mills Avenue Liquors is popular among locals and visitors, boasting an extensive selection of beer, wine, and spirits. Copper Rocket Pub also provides live music performances, karaoke nights, and trivia nights.
If you’re in the mood for dancing, Club Marakas is a popular Pine Hills nightclub featuring Latin music and dancing. Cafe Annie’s also has an inviting lounge with live entertainment every Friday and Saturday night.
Dining in Pine Hills
Pine Hills offer many dining options, from local cuisine to fast food chains. Suppose you’re searching for authentic Jamaican dishes like jerk chicken or oxtail. In that case, The Taste of Jamaica is an excellent restaurant serving them. Caribbean Sunshine Bakery also provides tasty Caribbean treats like patties and coconut drops.
El Potro Mexican Restaurant offers an extensive menu of Mexican cuisine, including tacos, burritos, and fajitas. If you’re craving Asian fare, Pho Vinh Vietnamese Noodle House is an excellent spot for pho and other Vietnamese delicacies.
For breakfast or brunch, the Toasted Breakfast & Lunch serves a selection of pancakes, omelets, and waffles. Similarly, Egg & I is another popular spot for breakfast with its selection of egg dishes, pancakes, and waffles.
If you’re searching for a delectable treat, Crave Bakery and Cafe has everything from cakes to cupcakes and pastries – not to mention coffee and tea!
Nearby Cities and Towns
If you have time to explore beyond Pine Hills, several nearby cities and towns are worth visiting. Orlando is only a short drive away and boasts numerous attractions like theme parks like Disney World or Universal Studios; Winter Park boasts an inviting downtown area filled with art galleries; Apopka, Ocoee, and Altamonte Springs are other worthy towns worth checking out; each offering its unique attractions as well as dining options.
Accommodation in Pine Hills
If you’re looking to stay in Pine Hills, several accommodation options exist. If luxury is what you’re after, Rosen Shingle Creek Resort & Spa is a popular resort with several amenities, such as a golf course, spa, and pool. Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa also provides spacious rooms and suites with plenty of on-site features.
Budget-minded travelers will consider the Comfort Inn & Suites or Days Inn by Wyndham Orlando West as budget-friendly accommodation options. Both hotels provide comfortable rooms at an unbeatable price points.
Here are the top 10 best hotels in Pine Hills, Florida according to facilities and tariffs:
- Rosen Shingle Creek: This luxurious resort boasts a championship golf course, a full-service spa, multiple restaurants, and lounges, as well as several pools. Standard room rates start from $175 per night.
- Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: This family-friendly resort offers spacious rooms and suites, several pools, a full-service spa, and on-site dining options. Standard room rates start from $119 per night.
- Comfort Inn & Suites: This budget-friendly hotel offers complimentary breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free Wi-Fi access. Standard room rates start from $75 per night.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Orlando West: This budget-friendly hotel provides comfortable rooms, an outdoor pool, and complimentary breakfast. A standard room starts at just $65 per night.
- Hilton Garden Inn Orlando North/Lake Mary: This hotel offers an outdoor pool, fitness center, restaurant, and bar, as well as complimentary Wi-Fi access. Standard room rates start from $121 per night.
- Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland: This hotel boasts a fitness center, outdoor pool, restaurant, and free Wi-Fi. Standard room rates start from $104 per night.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Altamonte Springs: This hotel boasts a fitness center, outdoor pool, and complimentary breakfast. A standard room starts at just $107 per night.
- Extended Stay America – Orlando – Altamonte Springs: This hotel provides apartment-style accommodations with fully equipped kitchens, a fitness center, and free Wi-Fi. Standard room rates start at $63 per night.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Orlando UCF: This hotel boasts an outdoor pool, fitness center, and complimentary breakfast. Standard room rates start at $85 per night.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Mary: This hotel provides spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens, a fitness center, an outdoor pool, and complimentary breakfast. Standard room rates start at just $139 per night.
Events and Festivals in Pine Hills
Every year, Pine Hills host several community events and festivals. The Pine Hills Community Festival is one of the most popular, featuring live music, food vendors, and a carnival. Similarly, the Pine Hills Christmas Parade showcases festive floats with decorations.
Tips for Visitors
Before planning your trip to Pine Hills, you should keep a few things in mind. First, the climate in Pine Hills can get hot and humid during the summer; thus, staying hydrated and wearing sunscreen are essential. Furthermore, planning your visit during cooler months between October and May is recommended to avoid this heat and humidity.
Pine Hills, Florida, is an idyllic getaway that provides visitors with various outdoor activities, indoor entertainment, dining options, and nightlife options. No matter if you’re here solo, with friends, or with family – Pine Hills has something to suit everyone.