How Far Is Fort Lauderdale Far From Miami’s South Beach?
Fort Lauderdale, Florida – A Fun Getaway From Miami Beach
Fort Lauderdale is a fun holiday destination that is tropical and a short distance away from Miami Beach. You can take a gondola ride on the canals or see the sights along the city’s riverfront without the hassle of the crowded beaches.
The journey from Miami Beach to Fort Lauderdale is easy using Flix Bus. You can book tickets online or via the app and begin your journey in only a few minutes.
The Most Exciting Spots To Visit Are In Fort Lauderdale.
Las Olas Boulevard
The well-known neighborhood known as Las Olas Boulevard is located in the middle of Fort Lauderdale and is famous for its stunning array of shops and art galleries. It’s a wonderful spot to take an afternoon stroll or night out in the city.
The streets in the area are lined with eateries and bars, making it an exciting place for locals and tourists to explore. There are shops for everything from unique apparel and accessories to designer boutiques.
There are plenty of activities to be done in the region, and it’s simple to travel around on a bike or foot and take advantage of water taxis that can transfer you to different places. It is also possible to take cruises, boat excursions, and boat rides and enjoy food at the many cafes and restaurants that line the streets.
Another top location in the area can be found at the Beach. It is considered to be one of the most stunning beaches found in South Florida. There are numerous activities accessible to everyone to delight in, such as snorkeling and scuba diving in the ocean.
It’s a great location to visit if you are a foodie since there are numerous restaurants to pick from. There are all kinds of food, from sushi to pub food and vegan meals.
If you’re an avid music fan, this area has some of the top live shows in Miami. There are many groups that perform here every year. The energy is lively and buzzing.
Boulevard is also a great spot to purchase souvenirs since there are numerous gift stores and art and craft galleries. It is also possible to stop at the spa or salon to feel pampered and at ease.
It is also possible to walk along the Beach here and enjoy the beauty of the landscape. The sand here is white, as are the palms. Stunning.
If you’d like to explore greater parts of Miami, Brightline offers a train service that will take passengers across Miami, West Palm Beach as well as other parts of the region. It’s a cost-effective and practical option to travel further along the Florida coast.
Bonnet House Museum & Gardens
Bonnet House Museum & Gardens Bonnet House Museum & Gardens is situated close to the beachfront in Fort Lauderdale. The museum grounds are 35 acres with exotic flowers and plants and a tropical setting, as well as stunning panoramas of beaches. The historical park is a wonderful spot for visitors of any age to explore the history of art, culture, and Florida’s natural beauty.
The importance of the property’s past is not just limited to its beginnings. A midden of shells discovered by the Tequesta people suggests that the presence of humans at the site dates back to around 2,000 B.C. The property also hosted some of the first Spanish colonials of the New World.
The first construction started around 1920 at the location, and local construction crews began building the exterior and interior of the house. Frederic Clay Bartlett was an artist born in Chicago and purchased the property for his winter home to pursue his work. After 1931, Bartlett married Evelyn Fortune Lilly, and they continued to decorate their home until the time of Frederic’s death in 1953.
Later on, the house was given for the use of the government by the daughter of Lilly. The house is now an accredited museum and is included in the National Register of Historic Places.
Visitors are free to visit the grounds and house independently, but it is suggested to join a guided tour to get the most comprehensive look at what the property can provide. There are a variety of tours that are available, and each comes with a knowledgeable guide who can help you with any questions you be asking.
Certain previous visitors have stated that the tours could be quite crowded, so it is recommended to reserve early. Others have also reported guide guides can be highly experienced and can frequently save you time by answering any question you even ask.
To find out more, go to for more information on the Bonnet House website or call 386-952-4000. A gift shop at the Bonnet House is worth a look. It is filled with unusual items, like an exquisite hardcover book on the house, which outlines its past.
If you’re searching for accommodation for your vacation in the region, Vrbo has a fantastic choice of condos and houses. Prices start at $111 per night, and you’ll find the ideal accommodation for your entire group.
Miami’s Monkey Jungle
If you’re searching for a memorable day’s journey away from Miami to get your kids away from the house, go south toward Fort Lauderdale. There’s plenty to do in Fort Lauderdale, a Florida beach town, such as visiting galleries and museums to taking a cruise through the Everglades aboard an airboat.
One of the most popular options is to spend the entire day in the Monkey Jungle, a sub-tropical rainforest home to over 300 monkeys. The park hosts a variety of shows all day long to keep kids entertained. It is also possible to have your children attend an event for their birthday in Monkey Jungle. Monkey Jungle and book them for a birthday package, which includes hot dogs or pizza food and a t-shirt to commemorate the special day!
You’ll be able to determine the most efficient route, the Monkey Jungle, by using Moovit, the app for transit that provides you with live details on all the trains and bus routes. It is then possible to use the information you have gathered to plan your route ahead of time and avoid delays.
There are a lot of hotels within the region which means you’ll be close to the top tourist places to visit while going. It is possible to stay in a luxurious hotel with a view of the water or at a budget-friendly hotel on Las Olas Boulevard. It is also possible to consider staying in a hotel in Fort Lauderdale’s Historic District of Fort Lauderdale or the Art Deco neighborhood like North Miami Beach or Coral Gables.
The greatest thing about Fort Lauderdale is that it’s more peaceful in comparison to Miami Beach, which means that you can take a stroll along the Beach and sand without having to deal with loud parties as well as a college student. The area is renowned for its clean sand and crystal-clear waters, so there are plenty of choices for swimming and sunbathing, or playing at the shore.
If you are looking for a place to eat, The town is filled with top eateries. You can have a go at a delicious meal like sushi or burger in the sun or catch the latest show in one of the numerous entertainment venues.
Fort Lauderdale is also an excellent place to shop. There are all the renowned luxury stores on Las Olas Boulevard, but there are many local and independent stores to discover. There are also interesting antique shops to look in if you want to find something original to purchase.
Art Deco District
It is the Miami Art Deco District is a historic area located in Miami, which is home to the most well-known instances of Art Deco architecture in the world. It is designated as a National Historic District and a frequent destination for tourists in the City of Miami.
This architectural style was popular during those years of the 20th and 30th. It is characterized by geometric shapes like cubes, spheres, and straight lines. It also includes pastel and tropical shades, terrazzo floors, molded ceilings, relief molding, and lighting in neon.
Several buildings in the Art Deco District in Miami have been renovated to maintain their original design. This includes shopping malls, hotels, and cinemas.
The most famous buildings in the area are Ocean Drive and Collins Avenue. These are must-sees when you visit Miami’s Art Deco District in Miami.
The walk can begin at the Art Deco District Welcome Center (located at 1001 Ocean Drive), where you will find out more about the background of the area in addition to its status today as an officially classified Historic District. You can also schedule an excursion through one of our guides, who can help you understand more about the structures that were once a part of the city.
After you have visited the reception center, stroll to Ocean Drive and Collins Avenue to admire one of the more stunning structures within South Beach. While walking, take note of the curving “eyebrow” windows of the Essex House Hotel and its distinctive spire. It is also possible to visit The Cardozo Hotel, a building created by Henry Hohauser and is an ideal landmark to the Art Deco style in Miami.
When you’ve had enough of the stunning Art Deco buildings, stop in La Mar restaurant for a cocktail and a bite on their spacious terrace. It’s a great place to meet with your guests and take in stunning panoramas from Miami’s skyline. Miami skyline.
It is also possible to go further into The Art Deco district and check out the Jewish Museum of Florida, an architectural marvel initially constructed as a synagogue. The museum is brimming with intriguing details, like three-dimensional roofs and arches.
How long is the car ride from Fort Lauderdale to Miami?
Fort Lauderdale and Miami are two tourist hot spots in South Florida, USA. Although the two cities are near each other, Visitors may wonder what it will take to get between Fort Lauderdale to Miami by vehicle. In this post, we’ll look at the distance, time to drive, and the road connecting Fort Lauderdale and Miami, and also some helpful tips to make the trip.
Distance and Driving Time
The distance between Fort Lauderdale and Miami is around 28 miles (45 kilometers). The driving time can differ according to traffic and the route chosen. However, it usually takes between 30 and 45 minutes to travel to Miami via Fort Lauderdale by car.
The most direct way to travel between Fort Lauderdale to Miami is the I-95 South, which is an important highway that is found across the eastern shore of the United States. Tourists should travel on I-95 South from Fort Lauderdale. I-95 South starts from Fort Lauderdale and continues until they arrive in the city center of Miami. The I-95 South can be crowded during rush hours, so travelers should plan their trip.
Another well-known route can be found on the A1A South, which is a beautiful coastal road that is a part of the Atlantic Ocean. The A1A South is a stunning view of the ocean and Beach; however, it is slow and more congested than the I-95 South.
Tips for the Journey
- Avoid rush Hour: To avoid traffic, it is best to avoid travel during the rush hours, which usually runs from 7:00 am until 9:00 am and between 4:00 pm and 6:00 pm on weekdays.
- Take into consideration public Transportation: Tourists who do not want to drive can use public transport that runs between Fort Lauderdale and Miami. The Tri-Rail is a commuter train that runs between both cities, and the Brightline is an ultra-fast train that gives the most luxurious ride.
- Parking: Parking in the city center of Miami can be costly and difficult, especially during peak tourist times. Visitors are advised to plan to park ahead or consider taking the public transportation system or ride-sharing service.
- Explore Miami: When visitors arrive in Miami, it is important to make the most of the opportunity to discover the city’s numerous attractions, including museums, beaches, and nightlife.
Traveling to Fort Lauderdale from Miami?
Fort Lauderdale and Miami are two well-known destinations located in South Florida, located only an hour’s drive from one another. They are 30 miles, or about 45 km, and make for a fast and comfortable journey for people who want to visit both cities.
In this post, we’ll look at the different forms of transport that are available between Fort Lauderdale and Miami, along with some of the most popular attractions that both cities offer.
Driving from Fort Lauderdale to Miami
- One of the simplest and most efficient ways to get to and from Fort Lauderdale and Miami is via automobile. Both cities are linked by a variety of major highways, including I-95, a highway that runs north-south on the eastern shore of the United States.
- The trip between Fort Lauderdale to Miami typically is between 30 and 45 minutes, based on the traffic conditions. It is important to remember that traffic during rush hour can make for a lengthy travel time, so it’s important to plan your journey accordingly.
- If you’re heading between Fort Lauderdale to Miami, make sure you take in the beautiful scenery on the way. The drive passes the gorgeous beachfront of Hollywood and Hallandale and the famed Aventura Mall, which is one of the biggest malls in the nation.
Taking Public Transportation from Fort Lauderdale to Miami
- If you don’t want the hassle of driving around, there’s a variety of alternatives for public transportation that run between Fort Lauderdale and Miami. One of the sought-after alternatives is the Tri-Rail, which operates as a commuter rail network that connects Miami to West Palm Beach.
- The Tri-Rail connects with many bus routes as well as it is part of the Metrorail infrastructure in Miami, which makes it simple to move around the city after arriving. The trip between Fort Lauderdale to Miami takes about 45 minutes. Trains operate on an hourly basis or so throughout the day.
- Another alternative option is Brightline, a rail service with high-speed speeds connecting Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and West Palm Beach. Brightline provides an efficient and comfortable method to travel between these cities. Trains run each hour during peak times.
Things to Do in Fort Lauderdale
- If you’re planning to travel to Fort Lauderdale, there are numerous things to do and do in the vibrant city. One of the most popular attractions in Fort Lauderdale Beach is a gorgeous stretch of sand, ideal for sunbathing, swimming, and water activities.
- To experience a deeper cultural experience, make sure to visit for a more cultural experience, visit the Bonnet House Museum & Gardens, which is a historical art and home museum that is set in 35 acres of lush gardens. The museum exhibits works of many of the most famous artists from the 20th century, such as Pablo Picasso and Henri Matisse.
- Other attractions that are popular in Fort Lauderdale include the Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District, which is a vibrant neighborhood with restaurants, galleries, and stores. It is also home to regularly scheduled events and festivals all through the year, such as Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show. Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show is among the largest boat shows in the world.
Things to Do in Miami
- Miami is famous for its lively life, beautiful beaches, and famous landmarks. A major and sought-after place to visit in Miami is South Beach, which is vibrant with art deco buildings, fashionable restaurants, as well as and energetic nightlife.
- If you’re looking for a more culture-rich experience, visit the Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, which is a historic estate set in 10 acres of beautiful gardens. The estate is home to a variety of styles of architecture that include Italian Renaissance, French Baroque, along with Mediterranean Revival.
- Other top attractions among attractions in Miami include Miami’s Wynwood Walls, which is an art exhibit that is outdoors with colorful graffiti and art on the streets. The neighborhood hosts a wide range of fashionable restaurants, galleries, and boutiques.